Friday, March 12, 2010

Life Drawings from Dr Sketchy's marathon - pt 1

Earlier this year, I took part in a Dr Sketchy's 26 hour life drawing marathon, and yes, I stayed the whole time except for 15 minutes to sleep in my truck, and an hour to have breakfast in a diner (I took that break during an hour pose that I wasn't interested in drawing from anyhow).

What a great experience, it really renewed my love for drawing, it helped that they had some great models... I do wish they did more 1 or 2 minute poses (allows the models to be more dynamic), but it was all good anyway.

I finally scanned in my drawings, I thought I would have more drawings after 26 hours of drawing, but I only filled 3/4 of a newsprint pad. This is a selection of the drawings I liked best.

Actually, this is half the pages, I will post the second half later, maybe Monday.




1 comment: